la Communauté internationale d'Aviculture
Home Forums ICA Arabic ICA Arabic Community Rules Contact us English French

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:39 am

• All times are UTC

Canaryfans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:18 pm 

Topics: 44

Hi everybody ,

This topic was put in the arab version of the forum by " Bu Nawaf " so all his copyrights are reserved

This is the link of the original text : http://www.canaryfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30478" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How to know a male or a female cockatiel ?

Now this is an old question and it's very easy to answer using this method . You can use this method with all kinds of birds , it's easy , simple and not costly .

This topic concerns every bird owner , whatever kind of bird he's keeping . It's very important as it helps in determining birds gender and answers affirmatively the frequently asked question ever ( how to differentiate between a male and female bird ? ) when applying this method on any bird . It's also very accurate and specific .

As we all know it costs a lot of money to do a DNA test on your bird . And it's not available in most places .

Many bird owners ( hobbyists and experts ) face problems in determining the gender of their birds , confused wether their bird is male or female . And this increases with the beginner .

Some birds genders are easily determined , because of some markings on feathers or bodies . Some other birds are hard to determine as both birds look almost the same and have no specific markings ( e.g. Lovebirds and many other types ) .

There is a devised method that helps many bird owners , especially beginners in bird keeping . It was tested and brought up great results in determining the gender of birds accurately. I tried it my self on different kinds of birds and the result was amazing and unbelievable .

It works on humans too . It gives different result with males and females . For humans testing area is over the elbow or the hand .

Here we go with that method simply

Prepare a 10.5 cm copper bar in the form of a needle

Its thickness is 3 mm

Pass a 15 cm string through the hole

Use your hand in holding the tip of the string , hanging the needle down . The other hand is used to hold the bird . Put the pendulum over the beginning of the birds tail .

In case of male birds the needle will move in a straight line back and forth .

It's obvious in that video

Click here

In case of female birds the needle will move in a round motion continuously .

It's obvious in this video

Click here

Best wishes and Good luck :)

Breeder: cockatiels
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:08 pm 

Topics: 1

So mkany people try this.. Its about 50% right lol.. I have tried it on the onces I know the sex, and it was right all the time.. But a oerson that showed me this that sexed a teil said a female.. Turned out to be a male lol..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 103

I am agree with smile.

I think our body transmits waves that make the pendulum to move.
So if you sure that the bird is male our waves will be diffrent if we are not sure if it is male or female.

If we are not sure sometimes the pendulum will not move, but if we have doubt that it is male the pendulum will start to move indicating that it is male.

Also the way we hold the pendulum affects.

But overall it is very interesting experiment and the success are more than fails.

Signature
Working together sharing experience and knowledge.
Travailler ensemble le partage d'expérience et de connaissances.

Profile WWW  
Breeder: canaries
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:54 am 

Topics: 44

Hi Smiley , Hi Abdo Abu Seir ,

I agree with both of you , I've tried it myself and it's not accurate 100 percent , but it worth trying .

Best wishes and Good luck :)

Breeder: cockatiels