la Communauté internationale d'Aviculture
Home Forums ICA Arabic ICA Arabic Community Rules Contact us English French

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 pm

• All times are UTC

Canaryfans

Post subject: My First Waterslager!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:49 pm 

Topics: 8

my name mohammad ziadeh , and like to be called ziadeh , I reside in jordan - amman i have years of experience in pets. i have waterslager pet shop ,We are specialized in birds, fish, cats, dogs, reptiles and many other creatures which are unique and exotic.

My First Waterslager

Since I was a kid, I’ve had a love for birds. I felt such peace when I was with them. I always wanted to know the names of the different breeds and species. However, that wasn’t the real start of my love affair, nor did I expect that love for them to grow into the friendship that I have with them today.

Here is the rest of my story:

It was just a normal day. I had parked my car near a tire repair shop and asked the man to put air into my tires. While he was working, I noticed a bird cage hanging there. Then I noticed that there wasn’t any water in the bird’s watering container. I asked for permission to look more closely at the bird and sadly I also noticed that there wasn’t even any bird seed for the poor thing to eat. The color of the bird was dirty yellow because of lack of bathing and many feathers had fallen off him and into the bottom of the cage. At the time, I didn’t bother to ask my wife if we could have this bird. I just knew that I had to rescue this poor canary from its careless owner. All that happened while I was holding the cage and admiring that poor little bird. That was the beginning for me.

“Is this canary for sale?” I asked the man. “Yea, but it’s expensive!” was his reply (knowing that I had already fallen in love with the bird).

“How much do you want for it?”

“Twenty dollars!” That was his final offer.

I gave him the money and took the canary home after stopping by a pet store to get all that I would need (new food, cage, water holder, etc) for the little guy. As soon as I got home I gave him a tub of water to bathe in. It didn’t take too long for him to plunge into the bath. He came out of the water a new bird – all fluffy and shiny! I think I was more pleased than the bird was. Then I called a friend over who knew something about canaries. He told me the bird was molting (changing it’s feathers).

“Is that a disease?” I asked. “No. It’s a normal phase in the annual cycle of a bird’s life. But, don’t expect him to sing too much during this period.” I then asked him about how long the molting process takes. He said that normally it’s between two or three months.

A month went by of feeding, watering and loving and finally one morning I heard a song. It was a unique song – deep and rolling – as if drops of water were falling into a pool of water and like bells ringing. I was so happy! That canary was such a magician! But, its song didn’t sound like other canaries I had heard. After a long search I discovered that my canary was called a “Waterslager”.

After this my house turned into a canary breeding sanctuary. Since then, my obsession has grown and I’ve even changed my line of work and entered into the pet field. I still love to learn all I can about the history, breeds, colors, and songs of my birds. So now, after a number of years of personal study and experience, I’ve opened my own pet shop to share my joy of birds and pets with others. Since my “first love” with birds came through a “waterslager” it seemed only natural to name my store Waterslager. Please visit us

Signature
http://www.waterslager.jo

info@waterslager.jo

Profile WWW  
Breeder: canaries,waterslager canary,african grey parrot
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:01 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Topics: 103

Welcome by, and thank you for this introduction.

Signature
Working together sharing experience and knowledge.
Travailler ensemble le partage d'expérience et de connaissances.

Profile WWW  
Breeder: canaries
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:20 pm 
Expert
Expert

Topics: 11

Hi Ziadeh,
Thanks for sharing your story and welcome to the forum.
Pass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:48 pm 

Topics: 44

Hi ziadeh ,

Great to find u here :) very interesting how your love of birds started , I'm sure now u love birds more and more .

God bless u :)

Breeder: cockatiels